CHANGE LOG: MADE A HALF RECIPE BECAUSE NOW WE ARE DOING SOME SCIENCE, CHILDREN.
1 ½ sticks butter
1 c white sugar
1 ½ c all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ c milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
11 tsp lemon juice
Summary: Highlights are changes that are more or less than halved.
- Whipped this one more than usual. Turned mixer up and left it even as I was measuring things in. Made the cake fluffier and lighter. Eggs did cause peaks, so I whipped it at least that much.
- Switching out the shortening for all-butter really improved the taste.
- That much lemon juice is still only giving it a faint hint of lemon. More next time.
- Possibly add ¼ cup of sugar next time, cake was a little not-sweet-enough.
- Very fragile and difficult to cut, not sure how to make cake sturdier? Sugar? Less baking powder? Was the shortening making it sturdy?
- Oldies music while making batter increases betterness of cake.Especially Beach Boys.
|WIDE SHOT. BONUS DUTCH ANGLE.|
|TOP SHOT. NOTE GOLDEN CRUST. NO I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHY IT MAKES ITS OWN GLAZE.|